Surfactants Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Surfactants Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
We may collect the following information:
• Name/s, Address, Postcode.
• Email Address
• Phone number/s
• Information completed in the “message” box
• Orders or product references.
• Information provided in Email signatures
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research
purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• For processing your orders and managing and administering your account; delivering any
services, products or information requested by you; responding to complaints or account enquiries.
• To verify your identity when required (you may lose your password or security information for example, and we may then need to ask you for other ‘identifiable’ information to protect your data from unauthorised access)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All customers and contacts emails through the various forms of marketing whether they be website, exhibitions or calls will be offered to receive our newsletter’s, there will be an unsubscribe or opt out option available if selected their details will be deleted from the newsletter database.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, please indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Any social media posts or comments you send to us will be shared under the terms of the relevant social media platform (e.g. Facebook / Twitter/ Instagram) on which they are written and could be made public.
Surfactants Ltd have no control over these platforms and are not responsible for this kind of sharing. You should read and understand the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms you use.
If you make a comment on any of these services, they must be not offensive, insulting or defamatory.
You are responsible for ensuring that any comments you make comply with any relevant policy on acceptable use of those services.
We only hold your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we asked you for it in the first place, we do this in order to meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations.
Generally this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to use our services, and for a reasonable period of time afterwards – this in case we can persuade you to come back to us.
After that we will delete it other than where we lawfully can keep any data for audit or legal reasons.
We will keep data on our prospect database for not longer than 3 years from receipt subject to an individual’s right to unsubscribe or be forgotten at any time.
Until 24 May 2018 we shall process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act
1998 (or DPA for short). From 25 May 2018, we shall process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Surfactants Ltd , Carrington Business Park, Carrington Business Park, Carrington, Manchester, M31 4DD.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.